Here is a tip from I received via my sister-in-law…and it makes sense. I hope it saves a dryer or two. “The heating unit went out on my dryer! The gentleman that fixes things around the house for us told us that he wanted to show us something, and he went over to the dryer and pulled out the lint filter. It was clean. (I always clean the lint from the filter after every load clothes.) He took the filter over to the sink and ran hot water over it. The lint filter is made of a mesh material. The hot water just sat on top of the mesh! It didn’t go through it at all! He told us that dryer sheets create a film over that mesh and that’s what burns out the heating unit. You can’t see the film, but it’s there. That “film” is what makes your clothes soft and static free, nicely fragranced too. You know how dryer sheets feel waxy when you take them out of the box? Well, this film builds up on your clothes and on your lint screen. This film build-up is what can potentially burn out the dryer’s heating unit and burn your house down. The best way to keep your dryer working for a very long time (and to keep your electric bill lower) is to take that filter out and wash it with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush (or other brush) at least every six months.”
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.