SOLD! Edina Dream house! This midcentury charmer has everything you’re looking for! Sunny and bright, with classic hardwood floors throughout the main floor, a beautiful deck off the dining area overlooking the very private, fully fenced, backyard, mature trees, built-in fire pit and patio surround. Fresh and neutral, clean and neat, it’s apparent that this home has been loved! The living room flows easily to the dining area and kitchen. Kitchen is square (not a galley) and white…with countertops galore. With three bedrooms upstairs, and the fourth bedroom downstairs near the ¾ bath, there is a room for everyone. The spacious and light filled walk-out lower level has a gracious family room, and more. An office, a workout studio, a playroom and a cozy entertainment area are just some of its possibilities. Two wood burning fireplaces warm this HOME’s living spaces.
Just a few blocks walk from HOME is a lovely neighborhood park (Strachauer Park), complete with playground, soccer fields, basketball courts, warming house and ice skating rinks. Also within walking distance is a James Beard award winning restaurant, Pizzeria Lola. Minnehaha Creek flows through this residential neighborhood, with a park on its banks (York Park) and a bridge across (Beard Avenue). 50th and France with all of its retail, restaurants and movie theater, is less than a mile away. Easy access to Hwys 62, 100, 35W, 394, and 494, make this house so easy to call HOME. Your dreams have come true…Welcome HOME to 6041 York Avenue in Edina.
- Strachauer Park Neighborhood of Edina is located in the Northeast quadrant of the city of Edina. It is bounded by 60th Street to the North, Xerxes Avenue to the East, Hwy. 62 to the South and France Avenue to the West. This residential neighbor was developed in three subdivisions, Bel-Air, Town Realty Edina Terrace, and the Erickson Addition. Its homes are primarily of the 1950′s era but the recent “tear-down” transformation of Edina has interspersed a few newly built homes throughout the neighborhood. The neighborhood’s namesake park has youth soccer fields, skating and hockey rink, warming house, basketball courts, playground and seasonal dog park. There’s nothing like walking out your front door to your own neighborhood Strachauer Park. See you there!
- More Parks: A couple of blocks north there’s the quaint Chowen Park, and the natural setting of York Park which resides on the banks of Minnehaha Creek. Playgrounds, fields, and courts will keep you very happy and active. The Pamela Park lighted turf playfields will be your destination if your team is playing soccer or lacrosse, and the diamonds for baseball and softball have batting cages next to the newly built park shelter/building/warming house.
- Trails & Lakes: The Beard Ave footbridge allows you to cross the Minnehaha Creek and connect to the Minneapolis Grand Round trail system. Lake Harriet is only 2 miles away as is the 20+ paved trail system will take you into downtown, the river, falls and lakes. This is why you live here…convenient access to the Metro area trail systems.
- Restaurants: You will live the good life (gastronomically speaking) living so close to so many outstanding eateries such as Lola’s, Cave Vin, Salutes, Wuollet’s, D’Amico’s, Patricks, McCormick & Schmick’s, Crave, Dunn Brothers, Starbucks. Are you crying uncle yet? Or those tears of joy :)
- Shops: Located only blocks away are three of the premier shopping destinations in all of MN: 50th & France, Southdale Center and the Galleria….perfect for hardcore shopping or making a quick run for groceries and home supplies.
- Schools: Your home resides within the prestigious Edina School District. Cornelia Elementary , Southview Middle School and Edina High School all provide world class educational opportunities for all. Go Hornets!