This Southwest Minneapolis home is full of charm and character, evident from the curb with its cheery red exterior, quaint dormers and storybook shutters. Step inside and notice the mid century hardwood floors, large sunny windows and the classic styling of a “they don’t build ‘em like this anymore” solid HOME. The updated bath (2013) is clean and bright. Head upstairs to the large “loft style” bedroom with cozy windowed nooks, or downstairs to the ample family room. A red cedar fenced backyard and brand new 2 car garage are the icing on the cake! Situated in the Armatage neighborhood, a vibrant community full of parks, restaurants, and local establishments, this HOME is SW Minneapolis at its best. Welcome HOME to 5845 Upton Avenue South!
- One and 1/2 Story
- 3 bedrooms 1 bath 2 car
- Built 1948
- Total Finished: 1490 sq ft (1,100 above 390 below)
- 2019 property tax : $4652
- Minneapolis Public Schools
- Kenny Elementary, Anthony Middle School, & Southwest High School
- Fenced Yard
Armatage – Minneapolis
The Armatage neighborhood, located in residential Southwest Minneapolis, is a quiet gem of a community near the Lakes and Minnehaha Creek. The neighborhood’s elementary school, park and community center are a walk away. You will enjoy the neighborhood’s unique and award winning establishments. Convenient access to local freeways and metro transit makes it easy to get around and come home.
- Neighborhood Shops – The neighborhood includes vibrant commercial districts with several unique businesses. Settergren’s Hardware has been a fixture on the corner since 1957, and is run by a family who can trace its retail/hardware roots back to 1895.
- Award Winning Schools – Your home resides within the Minneapolis Public School District, specifically within the boundaries of the Kenny Elementary School (2a) , Anthony Middle School (2b), and prestigious Southwest High School (2c) with its International Baccalaureate program.
- Lake Harriet – Minneapolis is the City of Lakes, and the Armatage neighborhood is less than a mile from the banks of Lake Harriet. Enjoy the best popcorn in the world at Bread and Pickle, take in a concert at the Lake Harriet Bandshell, watch the Twin Cities Marathoners run by, take sailing lessons, rent a canoe or paddle board, ride the trolley…the possibilities are endless!
- Restaurants – Armatage is home to several excellent neighborhood dining destinations. Always worth the wait, Pizzeria Lola’s creative twist on pizza won the “Best Pizza 2015” Munchie Award. Red Wagon Pizza, Book Club, and Cafe Vin are other dining options within the boundaries of Armatage. The most recent addition, Colita, integrates the incredibly diverse flavors of Mexico with barbecue and smoking techniques from all over the world.
- Minnehaha Creek & Trails – Minnehaha Creek meanders its way across the Northern border of Armatage, and is banked by ample green space and park benches for its neighbors to enjoy the serenity of its sights and sounds, and just blocks away from the trails connecting the chain of lakes and parkways.
- Convenient Commuting – Whether it’s by bus or car, Armatage is conveniently located between the Penn and Xerxes Avenue MTC bus lines, and blocks away from Crosstown Highway 62. Minutes away from both downtown and the airport, it’s easy to get home to Armatage!