This mid-century classic has been meticulously maintained and lovingly cared for. Its original hardwood flooring flows throughout the main level, a gracious formal dining room opens to the living room, offering views of both the front and backyard, and a cozy wood burning brick hearth warms the heart of this HOME. A well designed kitchen, neutral bath and three ample bedrooms complete the efficient simplicity of the main level. Head downstairs to the sunny and bright walk-out lower level: a generous family room with second fireplace, a lovely 4th bedroom, a 3/4 bath, and ample storage! The impeccable yard, fully fenced with care-free perennial landscaping, utility shed and large patio, means that enjoying life will be easy in this move-in ready Strachauer Park home. Start living your dream here at 6037 York Avenue South in Edina!
- One Story
- 4 bedrooms 2 bath 2 car
- Built 1956
- Total Finished: 2340 sq ft
- Above Ground Finished: 1200 sq ft
- Below Ground Finished: 1140 sq ft
- Foundation Size: 1200 sq ft
- Hennepin Co. Tax: $4789.28
- Strachauer Park Neighborhood of Edina is located in the Northeast quadrant of the city of Edina. It is bounded by 60th Street to the North, Xerxes Avenue to the East, Hwy. 62 to the South and France Avenue to the West. This residential neighborhood was developed in three subdivisions, Bel-Air, Town Realty Edina Terrace, and the Erickson Addition. Its homes are primarily of the 1950′s era but the recent “tear-down” transformation of Edina has interspersed a few newly built homes throughout the neighborhood. The neighborhood’s namesake park has youth soccer fields, skating and hockey rink, warming house, basketball courts, playground and seasonal dog park. There’s nothing like walking out your front door to your own neighborhood Strachauer Park. See you there!
- More Parks: Chowen Park is a few of blocks away as is York Park and its natural setting on the banks of Minnehaha Creek. Playgrounds, fields, and courts will keep you very happy and active. The Pamela Park lighted turf playfields will be your destination if your team is playing soccer or lacrosse, and the diamonds for baseball and softball have batting cages next to the newly built park shelter/building/warming house.
- Trails & Lakes: The Beard Ave footbridge allows you to cross the Minnehaha Creek and connect to the Minneapolis Grand Round trail system. Lake Harriet is only 2 miles away, as are the 20+ miles of paved trails, a system will take you into downtown, the river, falls and lakes. This is why you live here…convenient access to the Metro area trail systems, lakes, rivers and parks.
- Restaurants: You will live the good life (gastronomically speaking) living so close to so many outstanding eateries such as Lola’s, Cave Vin, Salut, Wuollet’s, D’Amico’s, Patricks, McCormick & Schmick’s, Crave, Dunn Brothers, Starbucks. Are you crying uncle yet? Or those tears of joy :)
- Shops: Located only blocks away are three of the premier shopping destinations in all of MN: 50th & France, Southdale Center and the Galleria….perfect for hardcore shopping or making a quick run for groceries and home supplies.
- Schools: Your home resides within the prestigious Edina School District. Cornelia Elementary , Southview Middle School and Edina High School all provide world class educational opportunities for all. Go Hornets!