SOLD! – “They don’t build ’em like this anymore!” This Strachauer Park charmer is your chance to move into a very sought after Edina neighborhood at a great price. It’s a mid-century classic that has been meticulously maintained and lovingly cared for. A beautiful rambler that is spacious and bright, with high demand features including eat-in kitchen, hardwood floors, two fireplaces and three bedrooms all on the upper level. The lovely screened porch overlooks a private, fully fenced yard. The lower level includes a huge finished family room, workshop, laundry room and even potential for a 4th bedroom. The attached two car garage is the icing on the cake! A home that has room for everything and everyone .
Move right in to your Edina dream home today! 6008 Chowen Ave S!
- One Story
- Built 1953 (they just don’t make them like this any more)
- 3 bedrooms 2 bath 2 car
- Total Finished: 2054 sq ft
- Above Ground Finished: 1284 sq ft
- Below Ground Finished: 770 sq ft
- Foundation Size: 1284 sq ft
- Hennepin Co. Tax: $5243.63
- Brand new streets, curbs & gutters (assessment included in above amount)
Bedrooms & Bath: The 3 bedrooms all reside on the upper level along with the full bath. There is room for a potential 4th bedroom in the lower level next to the 3/4 bath. The bedrooms are large (13×11 13×11 10×10) with plenty of closet space
Garage: This part of Edina was primarily build in the 50’s when one car per house hold was enough. This home is one of the few that has 20×20 2 car garage. It’s attached with door to the home and a door to the backyard.
Yard: The 0.23 acre lot (75 x 135 ft) has a fully fenced back yard with lots of room for your two and four legged friends to run around to their hearts desire. The 3 season porch and outdoor patio will give you plenty of options for enjoying your outdoors.
- Strachauer Park Neighborhood of Edina is located in the Northeast quadrant of the city of Edina. It is bounded by 60th Street to the North, Xerxes Avenue to the East, Hwy. 62 to the South and France Avenue to the West. This residential neighbor was developed in three subdivisions, Bel-Air, Town Realty Edina Terrace, and the Erickson Addition. Its homes are primarily of the 1950′s era but the recent “tear-down” transformation of Edina has interspersed a few newly built homes throughout the neighborhood. The neighborhood’s namesake park has youth soccer fields, skating and hockey rink, warming house, basketball courts, playground and seasonal dog park. There’s nothing like walking out your front door to your own neighborhood Strachauer Park. See you there!
- More Parks: A couple of blocks north there’s the quaint Chowen Park, and the natural setting of York Park which resides on the banks of Minnehaha Creek. Playgrounds, fields, and courts will keep you very happy and active. The Pamela Park lighted turf playfields will be your destination if your team is playing soccer or lacrosse, and the diamonds for baseball and softball have batting cages next to the newly built park shelter/building/warming house.
- Trails & Lakes: The Beard Ave footbridge allows you to cross the Minnehaha Creek and connect to the Minneapolis Grand Round trail system. Lake Harriet is only 2 miles away as is the 20+ paved trail system will take you into downtown, the river, falls and lakes. This is why you live here…convenient access to the Metro area trail systems.
- Restaurants: You will live the good life (gastronomically speaking) living so close to so many outstanding eateries such as Lola’s, Cave Vin, Salutes, Wuollet’s, D’Amico’s, Patricks, McCormick & Schmick’s, Crave, Dunn Brothers, Starbucks. Are you crying uncle yet? Or those tears of joy :)
- Shops: Located only blocks away are three of the premier shopping destinations in all of MN: 50th & France, Southdale Center and the Galleria….perfect for hardcore shopping or making a quick run for groceries and home supplies.
- Schools: Your home resides within the prestigious Edina School District. Cornelia Elementary , Southview Middle School and Edina High School all provide world class educational opportunities for all. Go Hornets!